Originally from Istanbul, Turkey, I have been calling Boston home for the last decade. My strengths lie in recognizing patterns and organizing large amounts of information, with a strong focus on what’s technically possible. I believe the most important skill I bring to the table as a UX designer is empathy, and take great pride in analyzing the organizations I work with to understand their gaps and blind spots. I love to lead collaborative workshops, observe, listen, analyze and interpret. I thrive when I collaborate and become beyond giddy over opportunities to delve into the human psyche. I continue to be fiercely fascinated by every facet of human functioning, and how it intersects with the digital realm.
Senior UX Designer
I work on an interdisciplinary team to design and build high-content (<1,000 pages) websites. I work closely with clients throughout the process, from goal definition through information architecture and into responsive wireframes and prototypes. I take a user-centered approach to all of my design work, identifying goals based on real needs and using analytics and testing to assess my work to find opportunities to improve it. I also participate as a UX subject matter expert for Velir's new business team, providing estimates and proposal contributions and attending pitches.
Clients: Harvard Library, State of Massachusetts, Rochester Regional Health, Intermodal Association of North America
Clients: City of Somerville, Informa Pharma Intelligence, American Society of Association Executives, Citizen's Committee for Children, Kauffman Foundation, SpencerStuart, American Association of Retired Persons, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, American Association of Clinical Chemistry, Brookings Institution, American Society of Radiologic Technologists, SiriusDecisions, American College of Clinical Pharmacy, Produce Marketing Association, Bayer CropScience, Boston Chamber of Commerce
One Pica, Inc. Boston, MA
I worked as part of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of designers, strategists, analysts and web developers to create functionally seamless e-commerce web experiences. I translated strategic business goals into working, highly interactive, clickable prototypes that are built upon a strong foundation of research, information architecture and best practices in usability. I performed market and industry research, completed heuristic evaluations, and determined navigational hierarchy to ensure compliance with the best practices in user interface design.
Clients: Hanky Panky, 3M, Netaya, Mongoose Bikes, Edenred, Safe Dinar, SOHO Home.
- Designing For Change: I completed a 5-week online course where I learned how to use IDEO's human-centered approach to create a movement to catalyze change in my organization by mobilizing people around a shared purpose.
NIELSEN NORMAN GROUP
- Usability Week: Human-Computer Interaction Workshop: I attended a full-day workshop where we discussed HCI research findings, and learned how to apply them to UX design problems.
- Honors Society: President’s Academic Scholarship, Honor’s Program, a program that elects the top eight percent of the entering class to participate in challenging coursework and complete an extensive research project.
- Graduated with: Bachelor of Science in Marketing, Information Design and Corporate Communication (IDCC), and Psychology
Honors Senior Capstone
- I completed a thirty-five-page research project analyzing the advertisements found in the six magazines Vogue, Cosmopolitan, Women’s Health, GQ, Men’s Health, and Car and Driver.
- I analyzed the primary research through the lens of a study published in the American Journal of Sex Research in 1985, explaining the visual compositions through the perspective of information design and architecture.
Integrated Business Functions
- We created and presented thirty-five-page business plan as a five-member team. We analyzed a Braille note-taking device for the blind and visually impaired for the non-profit organization National Braille Press.
- Our business plan received first place status in March 2011 and we received the Hartnett Family Business Plan Award. We were recognized at an award ceremony and given a monetary prize.
SKILLS & SOFTWARE
- User Experience Design
- User Centered Design
- User Research
- Usability Testing
- Journey Mapping and Personas
- Information Architecture
- Content Strategy
- Workshop Facilitation
- Responsive Web Design
- Waterfall and SCRUM frameworks
- Optimal Workshop
- Pattern Lab
- Atlassian Tools (JIRA, Confluence, Trello)